Monday, August 1, 2011

Countdown to Vacay!

So the time has come for the Douglas clan to venture on our annual cross-country trip to the desert to visit my family...

 I'm excited... and freaked out. It always happens the week before a trip anywhere. Panic mode. What will I forget?? No matter how many lists I make, no matter how beserk I drive that wonderful husband of mine asking if I'm forgetting things, no matter how organized I get, I am bound to forget something.  Hopefully it won't be something too important.....

Now if you thought that I was insinuating that I'd forget my kids.... you were right.  Could I possibly?  No.  My daughter doesn't let me out of her sight, much less let me forget that she's not with me. 

For those that are thinking I just let the whole world know my house is going to be empty for a couple weeks, not so!  There will be someone staying at my house along with my huge, obnoxious, ravenous German Shepherd.  Did I mention ravenous?

So let the countdown begin, and as the end draws nearer, I may have a few hairs missing off my head, my kids will be a nervous wreck from my snapping at them left and right, and my hubby just may be tempted to leave me on the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment