Wednesday, February 4, 2015

I'm still alive!!!

Ok, so maybe it's been a millenia or two since I last made a blog post. I have my newest and dearest friend/neighbor to thank for reminding me that I even had a blog.  Where to even start?

Well, since my last posting, we've moved again, although it was only 10 minutes from the last house. My son was luckily able to stay at the same school so as not to disrupt his social life too much.  He has even made a new best friend in our new neighborhood despite his constant concerns that he wouldn't make any friends. He's now in 7th grade, and schoolwork is naturally getting harder.  He does pretty well with the work he turns in..... it's getting him to turn the work in.  Ah, the joys of having a teenager.  Our latest struggle with him, or should I say adventure, has been having him take growth hormone therapy after being referred to an endocrinologist last year for his short stature.  In the past year he has put on 10 lbs and his pants are starting to get shorter. Yay for progress!

Princess is now a 2nd grader and doing exceptionally well in school, was there a doubt in your minds? She is in the gifted program, and last year she was reported to be reading at a 6th grade level. Time has only made her more precocious. Now if we could just get her to not talk out of turn at school, that'd be awesome. Guess there could be worse problems to have.

I believe I mentioned the last post about having gone back to work. I just celebrated 2 years with the agency and am still loving my job. I get paid to tell cops where to go and they have to listen, what a dream job!! Hahaha.... I work the midnight shift, so that has taken some adjustment, but one of the perks is that I can go on day dates with my husband and not have to worry about a sitter.  Our marriage is stronger than ever.  Love that man of mine!!

Since I've been working full time and zombie hours at that, I haven't really been able to bake or be as creative as I once was.  Perhaps updating my blog now will give me the necessary kick in the butt to do something productive at home and not sit on it all day watching Supernatural reruns. (Sorry Jared and Jensen....)

I will do my best to update more often, I may need occasional nudges. Hopefully I can get more than 6 followers!

Sincerely,

Catherine
(a.k.a. slacker)



No comments:

Post a Comment