Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Princess's Birthday 7/24/11

So my little princess turned 4 this past Sunday.  She managed to score a brand new dollhouse, a slew of dollhouse accessories, a Big Time Rush CD, and a crayon dry erase board.  For those that don't know the group Big Time Rush, they are to kids today what the Monkees were to my parents' generation.  They are a boy band that has their own TV show.  Julia LOVES them.  I think LOVES may not be strong enough of a word.  Point being, I'm already sick of the CD and it's only been a couple of days.  Sigh.  Here is a video of her pulling the blanket off the dollhouse.  I used a blanket because I didn't feel like wrapping that huge bohemoth of a package.  Besides, she's 4, it didn't matter.

Needless to say, she was pretty stoked.  Then we moved on to opening the rest of her presents which were the accessories.  I gave her the cd that morning so we could listen on the way to church.  I know, I know, Big Time Rush isn't exactly church going music, but hey, it was her birthday!

Here's the dollhouse fully assembled.....

Not a day later, and the dolls clothes were completely removed, piano missing a leg.... all in all I'd say this was a great gift! 
Her birthday cake she absolutely had to have an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.  She selected a Dora theme.  I'm very glad she didn't choose Spongebob (who is her other fixation these days).


And just when you thought the festivities were over.... her party with a handful of her friends is this Saturday.  I had a coupon for this spa at the mall that caters to little girls, so yes, Princess will be having a spa party.  She's so excited, she bugs me constantly.  Unfortunately I the coupon only covered 6 additional children, so some of Princess's friends won't be able to attend.  Needless to say, it should be fun for her anyway.  She even said I was invited!  Whew, I was worried there for a minute.  Maybe I'll need a spa day for myself after this one....

1 comment:

  1. Alayna has already started planning her party & her bday isn't until Sept! Apparently the entire planet is invited & it will be the party of the millennium. I hope she's not too disappointed with a few friends, some streamers and a balloon or two, lol.

    ReplyDelete