Thursday, July 28, 2011

Swimming.....

So Princess is gonna put me in an early grave.  Both of my children are water babies, they absolutely LOVE the water (which really comes in handy at bath time)...  I will hopefully get both of them into swim lessons in the near future.  In the meantime, however, floatation devices are a good thing.  My little man has just recently gotten to the point he doesn't need them, but he still needs a wall nearby.  Here's footage of both children on the diving board at my cousin's pool:

So, on to the part where I said Princess's going to be the death of me.... you see how well she did with a floatie?  Well.... I don't think she fully comprehends that without that thing she will, well, ya know, sink.  So last night at the pool, we didn't have her floatie.  So after swimming in the baby pool for a while, I take her over to the 3 ft. deep section.  She keeps trying to pull away from me.  So I tell her that if I let go, she'll sink.  She keeps pulling.  I let go.  She begins to sink.  I'm not a bad mother, I pulled her out after a second or two or three.  She comes up out of the water wide-eyed, and says, "Again!"  Sigh.  Really needing those swim lessons about now.  However, that wasn't the killer part!  I'm trying to get us out of the pool, so I set her on the ledge.  I should have seen it coming.... she runs down a couple feet while I"m on the ladder, looks at me devilishly and jumps in.  Sigh again.  She's gonna give me gray hairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment