Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Spa Birthday Party - 7/30/11

Well, the party is over and done with, and appears to have been a success.  Whew.  All the girls seemed to have a blast, and Princess just LOVED being doted on.  Like she doesn't get enough of that at home..... When we got to the spa, Princess was presented with her own monogrammed spa robe that she got to keep:
In the party room there was even a large bed.... I was totally tempted to take a nap!!
You can see Princess totally took advantage of it.  Kids have it so easy, don't they?  So the girls start getting their hair did and not a single one of them was squirmy.  I was kind of expecting that to happen with a handful of little girls, but they were all AWESOME!


Princess's hair looked magnificent, and of course she chose her signature color for her eyes.  Pink.  The child loves pink.  I'm waiting for the Pink Panther theme to start playing in the background when she enters the room. 

Next after the hair and make up, the girls moved on to having their toes painted.  Once again, Princess chose..... can you guess? 

They got their nails done next, yet again none of these girls squirming.  I'm sorry to their mothers if I've set a precedence now, and they start expecting mani/pedi's every few months. 
After getting pampered, they then got to make glitter lotion or glitter bubble bath to take home.  Princess chose to make lotion.....

We then returned to the party room for cupcakes and present opening.  I made minion cupcakes.  You know those little yellow guys from the movie Despicable Me?  I got the idea from a website called http://www.sugardoodle.net/, incidentally.  Her website button is at the bottom of my blog.  The cupcakes turned out really cute.  Prior to taking them to the mall, I had the minion heads separate from the cupcakes so they wouldn't fall off.  Kind of reminded me of fish heads. 

The end product looked pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.... and they didn't have to twist my arm too hard at the party to sample one, either.

Princess got to the front of the room so all her friends could sing "Happy Birthday" to her....mind you she had taken of her robe at this point.  Can't say I blame her though, it was rather warm in there.  Hello A/C??
She got to sit in the special "birthday girl chair" while she opened up her presents.....
She got some really adorable gifts!!  Thanks guys if you're reading this....
She then as a surprise finale got to walk down a red carpet at the front of the salon with her friends hollering and screaming at her and the staff clanged cowbells.  I'm sure the rest of the mall patrons were scratching their heads with that one.  Must be horrible for the neighbors of this spa everytime they do a birthday party! 
All in all, a great time was had, my pocketbook is a little lighter, and my little girl was treated like royalty for a day.  The smiles on her face made it all worthwhile.  And once again a heartfelt thanks to all those who came. 
I'm going to make another post showing the progress on making the chalkboards I gave to each party guest.... they seemed to have gone over well, and were actually pretty easy to make.  Cheap, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment