Thursday, May 3, 2012

A bug... not an insect

Ok, so let me get back on the blogging wagon since I fell off.  Today's agenda was put off due to the fact that in the wee hours of the morning I hear the pitter patter of little feet running into my room followed by heaving sounds.  I believe there was a comedian that once said something along the lines of no alarm clock works better than the sound of a child puking.  There is no snooze button!!  The victim of this nasty bug was no other than Princess.  Once sucessfully steered toward the bathroom, I quickly realized that she would need to sit on the toilet instead of facing it and hold a bucket at the same time.  Now that I'm sure I have successfully grossed you out, I spent a better part of the day cleaning carpet stains and doing laundry in between running her to the bathroom a zillion times.  Maybe this was my penance for the sinful brownies from the night before.  By dinnertime, the bathroom trips had ceased (thankfully) and she started to seem like her cheery self.  Shall we start taking bets on who gets hit with this little bug next?  I'm going to roughly quote the Hunger Games and say "May the odds be ever in my favor!"

So dinner tonight was a slew of leftovers in an attempt to clean them out of my fridge, and also cause I was just so worn out from the multiple bathroom runs and super early wake-up call.  I don't have a job anymore, I thought the waking up before the sun rises was over.  HA!  I didn't even make a dessert tonight, sorry kids.  (You're welcome, waistline.)  Perhaps it's a good thing as planning to make a few recipes out of a new cookbook I procured the other day based off a popular blog: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/ by Ree Drummond.  This cookbook is by no means diet friendly, it's more along the lines of comfort food with recipes like creamy mashed potatoes mixed with cream cheese and homemade mac and cheese, for example.  I think I need to make my next investment an elliptical machine or something. 

I don't claim to be Julia Child or anyone like that in the kitchen, but luckily my recipes typically seem to turn out as planned and for that I am grateful.  Still trying to find out of there's a hidden talent that I have that just waiting to emerge and wow everyone.  So for the time being, I will continue baking stuff, and perhaps try to be a little more creative in the kitchen as opposed to following the recipes verbatim. 

4 comments:

  1. You are doing a wonderful job, Catherine. At least you can cook, I hate cooking, love baking, but like you mentioned early not so good for the waistline. By the way, I have an elliptical machine that I am trying to get rid of since I have no room, let me know if you are interested ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peejay. I love cooking and baking. It's a challenge to get it to turn out just right. I'll have to ask hubby about the elliptical, I think we have the same no room problem.

      Delete
  2. sorry to hear she isn't feeling well..hope she will feel better soon and I hope no one else gets that bug!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Juanita. All is much better here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

      Delete