Thursday, May 3, 2012

Love me some Pioneer Woman!!

Today was puke-free.  Hallelujah!  No one else seems to be sick at the moment, either (knocking on wood).  It gave me the opportunity to work on scrubbing the carpet stains from where Princess missed yesterday.  So with a little bit of housework and errand running, I feel a little more accomplished than yesterday.  I even had the energy to pull out my new Pioneer Woman cookbook and make a few things.  For dinner, I made what she calls The Marlboro Man Sandwich.  (That's what she calls her cattle rancher husband).  Recipe can be found here: The Marlboro Man Sandwich.  This sandwich got rave reviews from hubby and I.  Of course, my hubby picked off all the onions.  Wimp.  I couldn't help myself, I was almost moaning with every bite.  I highly recommend this recipe to others.  I forgot to take a picture, it didn't last long enough.  Please, please, please try this sandwich, you won't regret it.  For dessert, I made a recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake that's found only in her cookbook.  Since I don't have her permission, I won't type it out here, but here's a picture of how mine turned out!


And yes, it was every bit as good as it looked!  I love that her recipe calls for cooking it in a cast iron skillet.  I'm sure I gained 20 lbs today just with dinner and dessert alone, so I'll be sure to take Princess to the park tomorrow so that I can chase her around a bit and burn it off.  So far, all the recipes I've tried from this cookbook have turned out perfectly, and I've got some very happy campers in this household.  Can't wait to try some more out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment