Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Oops...

Wow, I'm a horrible blogger.  It's been 8 months since my last post.  That's almost an entire pregnancy.  Not that I'm pregnant. (Sorry, that one's not gonna happen again!)  Life has been somewhat chaotic, I suppose.  Since I last blogged, I have given up my job working outside of the home to try my hand at staying home full time.  It's been 3 weeks so far, and I'm enjoying it.  I am documenting this now so that I can look back fondly later to say, "What was I thinking??"  The lack of a second income is somewhat daunting, but I have visions of grandeur with meal planning and saving money on groceries.  I'll let you know how that works out for me.  Perhaps even post some of the recipes that I love most from time to time.  Most of all, I must say that I am enjoying the quality time with my children that I have missed out on so long.  I may have missed some of their more important milestones, but I must say that assisting with a cow eye dissection with my 10 year old's class today was quite memorable!  Definitely not an experience one typically encounters in the working world.  Unless you're a biologist, or the teacher conducting the dissection. 

In case you were wondering, Princess has only gotten more and more precocious in the past few months.  She's preparing to enter Kindergarten in the fall, and please make sure you only say Kindergarten to her, because she is NOT going to "school", for that's not what it is in her mind.  She is eager to carry a backpack and a lunchbox because that's what big girls do.  I will enjoy the next few months with my last baby and soak up all I can before sending her off into the "big girl" world. 

My son just recently got stitches out this past weekend from a nasty slice he obtained from his Swiss Army knife.  He is very adamant that he wasn't playing with it.  At 1 in the morning.  In front of the computer.  Cause that's what everyone does at that time of the night.  Don't you?  Just a few more days and we'll be thrown back into the chaotic world of gymnastics, baseball, and scouts.  Not to mention Princess' t-ball games.  How did I ever manage to fit all this stuff into a career woman's schedule? 

I must admit that it's much nicer to be able to make many more home-cooked meals now that I'm home, and none of this, "Oooh, we have a game tonight, and I'll be home with 10 minutes to spare before we have to scurry off, quick throw a pizza in the oven."  I do think we need to invest in a chest freezer though, as I'm quickly running out of room in our tiny fridge/freezer for all the meal planning I'm trying to do.  Well, as it's nearly midnight, I will close this post with a recipe for some really good brownies I made last night.  I got this recipe from http://www.allrecipes.com/:

MMMMM.....Brownies

Ingredients:

1/2 c. white sugar
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp water
1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt


1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease an 8x8 inch square pan.
2. In a medium saucepanm combine the sugar, butter and water.  Cook over medium heat until boiling.  Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth,  Mix in the eggs and vanilla.  Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture.  Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven until brownies set up. Do not overbake! Cool in pan and cut into squares.


Enjoy!!  These are sinfully delicious, didn't last more than a day in my house.  Diet, what?

1 comment:

  1. great post, neat you got to help with the dissection of a cow eye.. have fun during this time!

    ReplyDelete