Friday, May 4, 2012

I came, I saw, I pinned!

Today I decided to finally attempt some of the cool ideas I've seen on Pinterest.  I know so many people spend hours pinning, but never get around to following the links.  Ok, maybe that's just me.  One pin that I saw today, that looked really simple was this time-out bottle.  Follow the link here: Relax Bottle/Time-out Timer.  Princess chose the color pink for her glitter (are we surprised?) and this was the result.... shaken up and then after settling:


They didn't have red glitter at the craft store, so my son chose gold.  Still looked pretty cool!



The other craft that I tried was homemade slime using Borax, water and glue.  We couldn't get it to solidify enough.  After 15 minutes, we gave up.  Now I have a box of Borax that I'll have to find other uses for.  Oh, and in case anyone has seen the pin about glow in the dark Mountain Dew after adding baking powder and hydrogen peroxide?  Doesn't work.  At all. 

Tonight's Pioneer Woman recipe was a chili recipe that also seems exclusive to her cookbook.  One of the ingredients that I've never seen in chili before was masa (or corn flour).  I ground some up (with my Kitchenaid grinder) out of popcorn.  My dad told me that popcorn kernels yield fresher corn meal than corn kernels themselves.  My grinder wouldn't make it as fine as flour, but that's ok.  It seemed to work out well for me, and I wasn't about to make a special trip to the global food market for masa.  It became a matter of principal at that point.  This was the result and it tasted fine.  Not a recipe I'm going to go gaga over, but it was acceptable and hubby seemed to enjoy it.


My children on the other hand, have expressed extreme distaste for chili no matter how many different variations I try to slip it to them in.  Thus, my son elected to pass off one of his Faith in God requirements to make a meal all by himself.  I left him make English Muffin pizzas as they're fairly foolproof and they both love pizza.  He did a great job and was really pleased with himself!  Princess said it was the best pizza ever.  Guess he passed that requirement!



Sorry, no fresh desserts to salivate over, we still had leftover pineapple upside-down cake from last night.  My poor father read my post about the cake and was heartbroken that I had made his favorite dessert 2300 miles away and then posted it for him to drool over.  Sorry, Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment